Call for Abstracts
We invite submissions of scientific abstracts or case studies for e-poster or oral presentations from multi-disciplinary perspectives on the topics of pre-habilitation for physical and/or mental health, in adults or paediatrics, solid organ transplant or haematopoietic stem cell transplant.
Abstract Submission Guidelines:
- The abstract deadline is Wed April 14th 2021, at 12:00PM (noon) ET. Please note that we do not accept late breaking abstracts, please make sure you submit the abstracts on time.
- All abstracts are to be received electronically through the Google Forms link.
- The abstract submitter will be considered as the primary author of the abstract.
- The abstract submitter may select e-poster or oral presentation, but the presentation format is not guaranteed and will be decided by the program committee.
- Co-Authors’ first name, last name and affiliation must be provided in the Google form.
- Once the abstract deadline has passed, all requests for withdrawal must be submitted in writing by email to email@example.com
- Abstracts Notification will go out the week of May 3rd, 2021.
- Abstracts are limited to 300 words (excluding title and authors).
- Scientific abstracts must be organized in a structured format with the following headings: Background, Methods, Results and Conclusion.
- Case studies must be organized in a structured format with the following headings: background, case description, treatment, outcome (if applicable), and discussion. Please anonymize all patient information in case study submissions.
- Do NOT include authors names and institutions in the abstract title or body to ensure a blinded review process.
Franco Carli, MD, MPhil, FRCA, FRCPC
Professor, Department of Anesthesia, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Presentation: “Pre-habilitation and Post-operative Outcomes”
Tania Janaudis-Ferreira, PT, PhD
Assistant Professor, School of Physical and Occupational Therapy, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Presentation: “Getting stronger and recovering faster: what is the formula for pre-habilitation in transplant patients?”
(*subject to change)
3:00 pm – Welcome and Introductions
3:10 – 3:35 pm – Invited Speaker, Dr. Franco Carli
Pre-habilitation and Post-operative Outcomes
3:35 – 4:00 pm – Invited Speaker, Dr. Tania Janaudis-Ferreira
Getting stronger and recovering faster: what is the formula for pre-habilitation in transplant patients?
4:00 – 4:10 pm – Break
4:10 pm – Break out session – Oral abstract presentations
4:40 pm – Break out session – Moderated e-poster sessions
5:10 pm – Break
5:20 pm – Break out session – Case study presentations and moderated discussion
5:50 pm – Closing Remarks
Registration information will be available in early May.
There is no fee to register for the symposium.